Thursday 13 September 2012

Oriental Elegance

As I did my research for an article about Shanghai 30s fashion, I fell inlove with the iconic Shanghai costume, Qipao. It's very feminine and beautiful. Which inspired me to this mood board, as I related Shanghai's classic dress to modern day fashion.

Oriental Elegance



Oriental prints have started to show up in runway shows. Where prints and cuts from Asian costumes are incorporated with western and modern styles. Beautiful and intricate garments and patterns are used to create luxurious designs. Also, Asian fashion, especially Chinese, are very feminine and body fitting which creates a very sexy appeal.
Here are some oriental pieces that were showcased on the runways for Fall 2012.

Dries Van Noten



Proenza Schouler




No comments:

Post a Comment

Inspirations