Wednesday 20 March 2013

Top 3 Beauty Vloggers I Love!

For the past few months, I've really become a make-up junkie. I'm not really into cosmetics before but I had a sudden interest in it when I took fashion styling class. I saw the transformation make-up can do to people, it doesn't only make a woman look good but feel good as well. We all know that when one's happy and content with how he or she looks, self esteem and confidence boosts. It was such a great moment for me to witness. The spur of the moment made me want to become a make-up artist in the future as well. Since I'm still in fashion school and working full time as a writer, as much as I wanted to, I can't possibly fit anymore classes in my schedule. So I've decided to do some self study in make-up artistry for the time being. 

As for the first step, I did some internet research and looked for bloggers or vloggers who are famous and credible in the field of beauty. And guess what, YouTube was the answer.

So far, here's my top three picks of YouTube Make-Up Gurus whom I follow and gather tips from: 


Pixiwoo was founded make-up artist Samantha Chapman, she was soon joined by her sister Nicola. They produce make-up tutorials that vary from simple to difficult. Honestly, at first I won't get bored with their tutorials because it's too serious. It's like you're taking an actual make up class. However, as I watch more and more of their videos, I grew very fond of it. They really know what they're talking about! They discuss everything from the tone of foundation that would suit every skin color to the proper application of blushes. I appreciate how they'd show their viewers the step by step process of the tutorial in much detail as they can. My personal favorites are the looks that they create with the inspiration of famous personalities and supermodels. They also have another channel that showcase simpler and easier tutorials that would be great for teens and beginners, it's the Pixiwoo Madness.




My second favorite make up vlogger is the very famous Michelle Phan! She is a vietnamese-american make-up artist who works for LancĂ´me. Actually, her videos were the very first ones that I religiously watched. Her videos are actually very fun to watch! She takes much effort to create tutorials that are out of the box and that won't definitely bore you. Michelle Phan is absolutely a breath of fresh  air. She explores different mediums such short stories which makes her viewers entertained while learning. Not only make up can be learned from Michelle Phan as she also gives fashion tutorials that can be very useful to young fashionistas. Michelle's channel is very fun and light to watch. As for my personal favorite, I love her Picture Perfect Day tutorial. It covers the basics in looking good in photos, very much the foundation if you're planning to make people look good for photoshoots. ;) 




For the top 3, I would say it's Cassandra Bankson. I know she's not as detailed in make up tutorials as Pixiwoo and as creative in her videos like Michelle Phan, but her vlog really convinced me to stay healthy, fit and beautiful! I'm not really into her make up tutorials but more of her skin care videos and tips on staying healthy like eating right with proper exercise. Aside from being a vlogger, Cassandra is also a full time model and is proud of showing off her flaws. According to her, being bullied and her acne problems didn't hinder her from dreaming big. Her success in fashion and the online media motivated her more to share all her learnings in life. As for my personal favorite video of hers, I must say it's everything in her Talking Tuesday section. This section features random stuff that would be of help to average readers who face day to day problems which concerns health and beauty. 


So there, that's for my top 3 favorite Beauty Vloggers. If you're interested in learning more about make up, beauty and fitness. These three channels would be of great help. They're a must-must-must check out! :) 

Pauline


No comments:

Post a Comment

Inspirations